Roleplay Powers

kurasoe

I'm wondering about the possibility of non-combat roleplay powers that characters can use. Especially casters. The Druid's life- or decay-causing effects, the Invoker's earthen chair, the Spiritist's booming voice, the Ardent's dancing flames. It's not a combat effect but adds a lot. It's one of my favorite aspects of 5E's casters. Alternatively, maybe just a note that their areas of influence can be used in any minor way that seems agreeable to all of the GM? Just a thought.

[NOM] Derek

Administrator
Staff member
This is a stellar idea! We have something similar with our "cantrip" system that hasn't been released yet, but there's some intense flavour in your suggestion that I absolutely adore. If you're alright with it, we may refine your idea and then add it as Storytelling Rules as a suggestion for the GM to consider in some form or another.

Crazyrei

I just want to bump this thread. I just finished reading through the Hero Book and I absolutely love the amount of detail that has gone into thinking about combat. I haven't and a chance to play just yet, but the way things are set up seems both very flexible and manageable. It also seems very much that with the system will be tactical combat without resource loss being the primary driver of combat difficulty (which makes me want to play this so, so bad). However I also see myself and the group missing non-combat powers. It sounds like this is in the pipeline but like I said I'd love to see this.

bioa10

I just want to bump this thread. I just finished reading through the Hero Book and I absolutely love the amount of detail that has gone into thinking about combat. I haven't and a chance to play just yet, but the way things are set up seems both very flexible and manageable. It also seems very much that with the system will be tactical combat without resource loss being the primary driver of combat difficulty (which makes me want to play this so, so bad). However I also see myself and the group missing non-combat powers. It sounds like this is in the pipeline but like I said I'd love to see this.
I actually have homebrewed a system for roleplay powers recently. The system can be found on my Emberwind fan site here: https://bioa10.github.io/rulesets/utility-abilities/