Bolt of Inspiration – Trigger Buff Self & Debuff
Overturn – Trigger Buff Ally & Debuff
The Ties Which Bind – Sustain Buff Ally

benso1

Key to terminology :
Blast - Does Damage
Amp - Amplify
Buff - Make stronger
Debuff - Make weaker (If not clarified, it means debuff enemy)
AoE - Area of Effect, hits multiple targets
Control - Making an Enemy do something for you
Buff Vs - Make attacks/effects stronger vs a specific enemy

I wrote this terminology up as a way to see better, at a glance, what the classes are doing in general, without being tied up in the specifics.

benso1

Tactician is why I Kickstarted Emberwind. My buddy and I thought that it sounded like an awesome idea. Surprisingly, however, other classes in Emberwind have overshadowed the Tactician in a lot of the things that we liked. Namely, having ongoing effects, or supporting allies, or controlling the battlefield. However, Tactician definitely excels at one part that I love. And that is strategizing at the beginning of combat, and every turn thereafter. With the free effects the Tactician can grab, they can have the perfect person for the job every time.

One interesting note, Tacticians have basically nothing but triggers. Which is interesting, as I would have imagined Amplifying ally actions or Sustaining long-term strategies to be a core part. But, other classes already do that. So, I think that just triggers is for the best, making this class very reactive and not stagnant.

More notes to come, when I have more time.

If I messed up on anything or you have ideas to share, please share. I'm just trying to figure out how this game works so I can help make it better.

[NOM] John

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ben,

Thanks very much for this intriguing breakdowns of each character class! I look forward seeing more of your thoughts and insights as you play and evaluate each one further.

Meanwhile, do let us know about any questions or thoughts you may have as you dive into each one--looking forward to continuing the conversation!

All best,
John Helfers, Lead Editor

benso1

Its finals week of school, but once school gets out, i'll update with some more data. I'm more of a numbers guy, so I'll mostly be checking for numerical connections between classes and such. But I will also give some feedback once I convince enough people to try it out.