We’ve got a big update for you today, so buckle up!
We’re thrilled to announce version 1.0.0 of the EMBERWIND Hero Manual!
Since our last Beta update, we’ve made some huge changes and we’re ready to share them with you. In fact, there are nearly 1000 edits and changes from our previous update. We would normally post a full changelog with this announcement, but we wanted to get this out to you as soon as possible, so we’re holding off on it for now. With that said, let’s take a look at what’s new!
- The Attribute System for character creation is fully released and revealed. We’ve also made some small tweaks to the Aspect System to keep it balanced with the Attribute System.
- The Custom Hero Cards for both Attribute and Aspect Systems have been updated.
- The Action Surge mechanic has been removed from the game.
- The 1-handed and 2-handed Mace Equipment have been updated, along with the Staff.
- The Ardent has received a major revamp in this update. To read all about the changes and how they affect the overall game, check out our latest Kickstarter Update.
- All other classes have received updates for game balance, quality of life, and versatility as well.
- All Actions have been systematized and reworded for clarity.
- We’ve corrected over 400 typos, missed words, grammatical issues, and formatting errors.
- We’ve added an FAQ section at the end of the book. We’ve also added Front and Back Covers, the Credits page, and new artwork.
We’ll also be rolling out an update to the pre-generated Hero cards in the coming days.
This newest version of the Hero Manual is available right now for all of our community members with Beta Test access, but it won’t be sticking around for long. The Hero Manual Beta will be ending one month from today on August 6, 2019. Once the Beta period comes to a close, we will be transitioning to an open, public demo version of the Hero Manual offering only Tier 1 of a few different Classes and a few different rules modules, available to backers and non-backers alike. We wanted to offer just a bit more content, so we’re also releasing a demo of our newest campaign, The Songweave Tapestry, alongside the Hero Manual demo.
We are absolutely ecstatic to be able to share this announcement with you today! From all of us on the Nomnivore Games team, we want to give you a massive thank you for your encouragement and support along the way. This truly would not have been possible without you!